version problems

liunx

Hi:<br />
<br />
I want to be able to have two lines of text have less leading other than using the <p> tags I used a <br> tag and it is not supported in Netscape 4.7, does this version not support the <br> tag? Is there a way that I can get the leading less between <p> tags?<br />
<br />
Here is the code that I used for the <p> tag:<br />
<br />
<td height="35" colspan="5" align="center" valign="bottom"><p><font color="#000099" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">This <br />
site is best viewed at 800 x 600 pixels on Internet Explorer 4.0 <br />
or higher, or Netscape Navigator 7.0. </font></p><br />
<p><font color="#000099" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">You will need Macromedia Flash 5 to view the intro.</font></p></td><br />
<br />
<br />
I did this originally and Netscape 4.7 did not support it.<br />
<br />
<td height="35" colspan="5" align="center" valign="bottom"><p><font color="#000099" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">This <br />
site is best viewed at 800 x 600 pixels on Internet Explorer 4.0 <br />
or higher, or Netscape Navigator 7.0. <br><br />
You will need Macromedia Flash 5 to view the intro.</font></p></td><br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Patti<!--content-->I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve. The <br> tag is used to add a line break, if you want an extra blank line, then you'll need two of them together.<!--content-->I am trying to put a line break <br> so that it seperates the sentences on two lines but when I use this tag in Netscape 4.7 it does not work but it does for 7. I was wondering if it was a version problem and if there is a way to do it in 4.7 using the <p> tags and adjusting leading.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Patti<!--content-->as far as i know nn4x does support the br tags!<br />
btw w3schools global browser usage report shows nn4x only accounts for 1-4%<!--content-->The code: <br><br> will force a new line and an extra line break; however, you are better off to have the data as two paragraphs:<br />
<p> blah blah </p> <p> blah blah </p><!--content-->Originally posted by plem <br />
I was wondering if it was a version problem and if there is a way to do it in 4.7 using the <p> tags and adjusting leading. <br />
Hi, what does that mean? "adjust leading"<br />
<br />
the <br> tag is support in all browsers. but the <br> tag does not have a margin i ftha tis what you mean. the <p> tag is a block level element so that is why you get more space.<br />
<br />
but like giz said, 2 <br> tags is like 1 <p> tag without the margin<!--content-->

Back