vbulletin-xml-rpc-server for instant Desktop Notification

.v0id

Let's take a look at following screen-shots first.

login.png

systray_message.png

pop_menu.png

notification.png

Yeah.. these look like Gmail Notifer application which is actually vbulletin-desktop-notifier application. As a forum admin, you might want to offer such application to your members.

The addon vbulletin-xml-rpc-server responds to XML-RPC request and at this moment provides following functionalities on request:
user authentication
deliver latest post information

You'll find setup instructions and documentation in attached file.

You can build your own that follows XML-RPC specification using docs provided with this package. Or, you can download vbulletin-desktop-notifier - Google Code source code. All you need to do is editing config.cnf and distribute the bundle to your members.

For any further information and support you can drop email at <[email protected]> .

sixxkilur

thanx! nice file been looking for something to do this
if it works well i'll make a portable app of it and host it on RS or my site

sixxkilur

i've screwed with this sob for over a week now no luck what so ever. i have edited the config.cnf many diff ways . and i recive the error in the notifier log
Code:
com.nsuers.vbulletin_xml_rpc_client.ServiceError
	at com.nsuers.vbulletin_xml_rpc_client.VbulletinXmlRpcJClient.require_token(VbulletinXmlRpcJClient.java:97)
	at com.nsuers.vbulletin_xml_rpc_client.ForumServ.get_latest_tread(ForumServ.java:33)
	at Notifier$AutoCheck.run(Notifier.java:213)
	at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

all the research i did on this there wan't much out there
said make sure php_xmlrpc is enabled wich it is
anyone have an idea

bfldworker

While I love this idea. I have tried to get it to work. Bit of warning for anyone who wants this. It is a PAIN IN THE ASS TO GET IT TO WORK! Be prepared to spend lots of time to get it to work.