vBulletin 3.8.2 (MANUAL BUG FIX)

pspmaster93

In all vbulletin 3.8.2 releases there was a bug that does not allow you to add new users via admincp so i thought i would post this bug fix here in case anybody else is wondering how to fix this error.
THE ERROR:
A fatal error occurs when creating a user in the admin control panel:
pmdefaultsavecopy is not defined in $validfields in class vB_DataManager_User

To fix this, in admincp/user.php change:

PHP:
print_yes_no_row(construct_phrase($vbphrase['save_pm_copy_default'], '../private.php?folderid=-1'), 'user[pmdefaultsavecopy]', $user['pmdefaultsavecopy']);

TO

PHP:
print_yes_no_row(construct_phrase($vbphrase['save_pm_copy_default'], '../private.php?folderid=-1'), 'options[pmdefaultsavecopy]', $user['pmdefaultsavecopy']);

thats it! :)

Hector

fix has
Code:
'options[pmdefaultsavecopy]'

bug has
Code:
'user[pmdefaultsavecopy]'

At least that's what the OP says. I haven't checked or tested this myself.

bulletin

Hector said:
fix has
Code:
'options[pmdefaultsavecopy]'

bug has
Code:
'user[pmdefaultsavecopy]'

At least that's what the OP says. I haven't checked or tested this myself.

but this is already there in vb 3.8.2 its not needed to change.

virus

i am using gysm realese but i not found error when i add new user from admincp a realy tested and is work good why u said all version 3.8.2

bulletin

i am using gysn 3.8.2 but that code still dont work for me, i am still getting same error

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]/admincp/user.php(545) : eval()'d code on line 11

ihton

There is another bug. When you try to edit an user group it make another (if you want to add colour tag to admin group it makes another group with the same name).

mobimano

yes brb same problem on my mode when i set some permission same group name creat so plz help me how can i fix it

virus

ihton said:
There is another bug. When you try to edit an user group it make another (if you want to add colour tag to admin group it makes another group with the same name).
that not bug but your host suhosin enable is on said your host to disable and u will see after disbale test ur usergroup make new group with same name..i think not..

Wwwildthing

The error occurs on Line 890 of... \upload\admincp\user.php... and appears to be specific to the DGT release. The GYSN release (which I'm using), does not have this error.

pspmaster93

no the bug was on the official vbulletin release when it FIRST came out, but then they fixed it and re-released vb 3.8.2 so if you dont have this problem then you just downloaded the version that had it fixed already...