validation works on some comp but not others. Why?

liunx

Why is it tat when i test it on my browser it works fine. However when a fren of mine tests it on his computer also running IE, it doesnt work?<br />
pls advise.<br />
<br />
d=document.contact.c_comments.value;<br />
if (d.length < 1)<br />
{<br />
alert('Please do not leave Comments blank');<br />
document.contact.c_comments.focus();<br />
return false;<br />
}<!--content-->Perhaps he's running an older version of IE than you? Or maybe he has Javascript disabled for some reason.<br />
<br />
That's all I can think of...<!--content-->So is there a way to make it work for all browsers?<br />
or at least Most versions of IE<!--content-->Javascript HAS to be turned on, no doubt about that...<br />
<br />
Have you tried<br />
<br />
if (d == "") { alert("Don't leave commentsblank"); }<br />
<br />
Instead?<br />
<br />
Have you got a URL for the site?<!--content-->Yeah here it is<br />
the site is <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://66.246.35.222/~sprint/home.htm">http://66.246.35.222/~sprint/home.htm</a><!-- m --><br />
go to contact us and try it <br />
tnks a million<!--content-->Works fine on mine mate - I guess your compadre is either using a really old browser version or has Javascript disabled.<br />
<br />
The only way you could make it work in this case is to have the server validate the posted data, reload the form with a complaint written on it...<!--content-->thanks a million<!--content-->Pleasure my elven friend.<!--content-->haha<br />
is tat why u answered this?<br />
cos u sure look like agragon to me :P<!--content-->That's Boromir man - get it right!<!--content-->haha ok then tnks boromir<!--content-->Hey boromir,<br />
i just checked wif my fren and shes using IE 6 and she has javascript enabled.<br />
When she tests the page all the other validators work except for the comments<br />
any ideas?<!--content-->Hey boromir,<br />
i just checked wif my fren and shes using IE 6 and she has javascript enabled.<br />
When she tests the page all the other validators work except for the comments<br />
any ideas?<!--content-->

Back