using updategrams to update SQL server data

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I'm using XML/Updategrams to perform an update (add/modify/delete) in my SQLserver database.Everything work pretty fine but there's two things that I dont like and Iwant to know if some one have found a workaround.1) When I have an error: In the output stream I've got the 'hresult' andthe 'source' attribut but not the 'description' one.2) When I refer to the list of all the messages available from OLE-DB. Ihave little information about what actualy appened to my SQL command. Here'san example of how large the messages are when you try to update a deletedrecord. <?MSSQLError HResult="0x80040E14" Source="Microsoft OLE DB Providerfor SQL Server" Description=""?> The description is supposed to be "The commandcontained one or more errors" (as I said in my first statement I don't getit from SQL server) In a case like this one I'm waiting for something like"record not found" not "The command contained one or more errors" becausethere's no error in my command. That's not the only stange message but I'llspare the other.So my question is: Is there a way to retreive more complete information aboutwhat is going on behind de scene when I have that kind of messages.

Back