Using Sizzle to parse XML files?

jackson123

I created a library for parsing and extracting information from a set of XML files that uses jQuery. So it's pretty simple to do things like this:\[code\]$xml = $($.parseXML(xmlText))title = $xml.find(".title>longName").text()\[/code\]I then realized that my little library shouldn't need a dependency on all of jQuery, and that I could probably get what I wanted just using the Sizzle library, since that's where jQuery's .find method comes from. However, I am having trouble right out of the gate.Sizzle doesn't seem to have a parseXML function. Is there any way to pass in a chunk of XML text and get back an object that can be searched on?I noticed that you could pass in a context to Sizzle's find function. However, Sizzle.find(".title", xmlText) failed to find anything.Any ideas? Is it possible to use Sizzle to parse XML in the same way that I was using jQuery above?Note: I want to be able to run this in a headless manner or on Node, so I'd prefer not to use browser dependencies like DOMParser.

Back