using one text box for multiple values

liunx

Hi all,<br />
I've got a sign-up form for our ISP that is designed to work with our billing program. The program actually asks for the same information repeated in a couple locations. i.e. password and e-mail address.<br />
<br />
Is there a way to use the value from the password field in several places. Here's what I mean:<br />
<br />
<input type=text name=password1> The dial-up password<br />
<br />
I need the value for password1 to also go with these fields:<br />
<br />
<input type=text name=CustSupPass1> password field<br />
<input type=text name=CustSupPass2> confirm Password<br />
<br />
And the same thing with the e-mail address. Is this possible with a one page form, or is this something that has to be passed through multiple forms? Any help is greatly appreciated.<br />
<br />
Adam :cheers:<!--content-->all depends on what you do with it afterwards. what page do you send it to when they submit?<!--content-->okay, since this is a one page sign-up form, when they hit the submit button the information is sent to a file called Subscription.exe located on our billing server. So it goes directly to the program that performs the subscribing action. I'm getting the feeling that this form needs to send the information to an intermediate file before sending the info to the subscription.exe<br />
<br />
Which will create a new issue for me, making the intermediary file that will submit to the program itself.<br />
<br />
Adam :cheers:<!--content-->so I take it that subscription.exe expects certain variables? then yes you will have to have an intermittant page that combines those variables into one and then send it along. you can do this without the user knowning too.<!--content-->Yes, the subscription.exe is expecting x amount of variables. Some of which are redundant entries. Those are the ones I'm having issue with. <br />
<br />
Is it very entailed to have this form create another one that will do the actual subscribing?<br />
<br />
Thanks again<br />
<br />
Adam :cheers:<!--content-->

Back