Using &nbsp in single pulldowns

liunx

I've run into a strange problem that I'm not sure how to resolve. When using single pull downs I have to use &nbsp to show multiple spaces between words, which works fine. But, when that form variable gets passed to my cgi script, the &nbsp gets changed to a strange character (a A with a dot over it) and thus, when I use that string in a db query, it fails. If I don't use the &nbsp the query also fails because the string it's querying on doesn't have multiple spaces between words. <br />
<br />
Have you seen this and if so, how do I handle it ??<br />
<br />
Thanks.<!--content-->Why do you need to use &nbsp; in the value's?<option value="something">&nbsp;&nbsp;Something&nbsp;&nbsp;</option><!--content-->Originally posted by lavalamp <br />
Why do you need to use &nbsp; in the value's?<option value="something">&nbsp;&nbsp;Something&nbsp;&nbsp;</option> lava do this<br />
&nbsp; = &amp;nbsp;<!--content-->I'm a bit dense today, I usually do do that.<br />
<br />
I played on UT2003 earlier and I sucked pretty bad at that as well.<!--content-->Originally posted by lavalamp <br />
I'm a bit dense today, I usually do do that.<br />
<br />
I played on UT2003 earlier and I sucked pretty bad at that as well. I have been getting called all day. I got 2 phone calls when I was trying to play my awesome 2d starcraft game, needless to say everyone was mad at me because I kept making them loose when I turned my speakers and moniter off and turned around in my chair because they were calls I had to take.<!--content-->How can a 2D game be awesome, we're you joshing me?<br />
Were these calls anything to do with web-dev jobs by any chance?<!--content-->yes they were ;) One was about the work I was doing for a guy on the forum and basically we do not aggree about web standards so that will not get done, and another was about a job interview. Yes, starcraft rules, it is the only 2d game I play. Only game i have played recently because I lost my cracks after the last reformat, Ill be getting them tomorrow night though at the ol' lan.<!--content-->That's pretty cool, a job interview at 16. Wish I had one of those, I'd have money by now. :D<br />
<br />
You know, if you know how to google right, you can find almost any crach you want within about 20 seconds.<br />
<br />
Where can I Download <!--more--> starcraft from then, and is it less than 100Mb? (I'm on dial up and it sucks.)<!--content-->Originally posted by lavalamp <br />
That's pretty cool, a job interview at 16. Wish I had one of those, I'd have money by now. :D<br />
<br />
You know, if you know how to google right, you can find almost any crach you want within about 20 seconds.<br />
<br />
Where can I Download <!--more--> starcraft from then, and is it less than 100Mb? (I'm on dial up and it sucks.) This is the first interview I have had in a while. Its either web design or flipping burgers. I could not work in the comp store because I am only going to be 17 and they dont want to screw with my hours. I applied to like 15 other places and followed up and they were just almost avoiding me. I even pplied at barnes and noble and the bowling alley. I love web design and now I might get a job I love, that is pretty awesome. I already sort of do, but its not legal. I have clients. A coffee shop and my church will go on my cms. But I am not makeing money from the church, only charging my over head. But its goin on the cms with other sites, I am not making the church site just for the church. Starcaft is almost exactly 100mb.<!--content-->How can a 2D game be awesome, we're you joshing me? "were"?<br />
<br />
have you ever played worms world party!?!<!--content-->06-11-2004 04:10 AMYeah, "we're".<br />
<br />
No I haven't player WWP, but I can tell you that Worms Armageddon sucks.<br />
<br />
I just realised, has the OP's question been answerd? I think we've just talked over him.<!--content-->

Back