using mailto in a <form>

I know that using action="mailto:......" for a form is not a good idea but im just using it for now since im just now learning forms and use it to check to see if my stuff is working<br />
<br />
So far it has worked in parsing the data and sending it to my email address except when i try to upload a file.<br />
<br />
when i have the <input type="file" name="filename"> element added to my code<br />
and try to send the form, instead of just sending it to my email automatically as it has done successfully before , it just opens up a blank email in Outlook.<br />
<br />
I was just wondering if there is some issue with the file form control and using the mailto: in the action attribute.<br />
<br />
I have my enctype set to multipart/form-data and method set to POST. I use IE6.<!--content-->you can not send attachements and then recreat them on the other end using mailto command...<!--content-->Well i figured that since my browser has been sending the other form data (text entry,checkboxes,etc) to my email correctly that it would work for the file upload just the same.<br />
<br />
Why cant the browser attach a file on my local hard drive to the form and then send the file's contents along with the other form data to my email acct where i can retrieve it just as i have been retrieving the other form data in the past??<br />
<br />
What do you mean by recreating it?<!--content-->Still need help and clarification on this...<!--content-->

Back