Using Linked Style Sheets

liunx

<*STYLE TYPE-"type/css" id="style"><br />
<br />
<*!--<br />
P { font-family:Verdana; font-size:10px; color:000000}<br />
A:link {color: #000066;text-decoration:none;font-family:Verdana; font-size:10px; }<br />
A:visited {color: #000066;text-decoration:none;font-family:Verdana; font-size:10px; }<br />
A:active{color:000066;text-decoration:none;font-family:Verdana; font-size:10px; }<br />
A:hover{color:000000;text-decoration:underline;font-family:Verdana; font-size:10px; cursor: e-resize;}<br />
body {scrollbar-face-color: #ffffff; scrollbar-shadow-color: #000066; <br />
scrollbar-highlight-color: #ffffff; scrollbar-3dlight-color: #3399cc; <br />
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #000066; scrollbar-track-color: #ffffff; <br />
scrollbar-arrow-color: #3399cc}<br />
--*><br />
</STYLE*><br />
<br />
I use linked style sheets so that I won't have to change the style codes on each of my pages. The link codes always work fine but I can't get the rest of the page to respond to the font code. Sometimes the first part of the paragraph will respond but not the whole page. I'm wondering if the code is wrong because I end up having to go to each page and type in <*font face="verdana" size=1 color="000000"*>.<!--content-->This line does not look correct to me:<br />
<br />
<*STYLE TYPE-"type/css" id="style"><br />
<br />
should maybe be like this: <br />
<br />
<STYLE TYPE="text/css" id="style"><br />
<br />
but if that is the actual style sheet that you are linking to you don't need that line. You would only use that line if it were an inline style sheet. Not sure what the id="style" is doing.<br />
<br />
In your style sheet you specify a font-family for P elements. In your webpages your text need to be inside of <p align=xxxxx> tags for the style sheet effect to work.<br />
<br />
<p align=center><br />
your text here that will be Verdana, size 10 color #000000.<br />
</p><br />
<br />
PS...you don't need to use asteriks, HTML is turned OFF on this message board.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Kevin<!--content-->Thanks Kevin=) And sorry about the asterisks.<br />
<br />
I will change that line from type to text. Is there another code I can use because everytime I use a <p> for space, the font goes to the default which I guess is Times.<!--content-->You could create classes for the text, but this will be easier...use two break tags <br><br> instead of a <p> tag to avoid the problem you are having..<br />
<br />
<br><br><br />
<br />
instead of <br />
<br />
<p><br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Kevin<!--content-->This should work:<br />
A:link {<br />
color : #000066;<br />
text-decoration : none;<br />
font-family : Verdana;<br />
font-size : 10px;<br />
}<br />
<br />
<br />
A:visited {<br />
color : #000066;<br />
}<br />
<br />
<br />
A:active {<br />
}<br />
<br />
<br />
A:hover {<br />
text-decoration : underline;<br />
cursor : e-resize;<br />
}<br />
<br />
<br />
P {<br />
}<br />
<br />
Save it as a CSS file. Link to it <br />
<Head><br />
<LINK REL=stylesheet HREF=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"http://www.your.page/stylesheet.css" TYPE="text/css"><br />
</Head><!--content-->

Back