using dreamweaver to open a popup window

windows

Hi, I am trying to get a popup window to appear when people first go to a site. I heard that it is possible in dreamweaver, but I can't make the 'open window' function work - i just want a pop up window 290 x 348 pixels to appear when someone first goes to the site.<br />
Thanks for any help.<br />
Rob.<!--content-->you don't need to use Dreamweaver to do that. jsut use this code.<br />
<br />
<br />
<head><br />
function popUp(pPage) { <br />
window.open(pPage,'popWin','resizable=yes,scrollbars=no,width=290,height=348,toolbar=no,location=no' ); <br />
} <br />
</head><br />
<br />
then in the body tag add this<br />
<br />
<body onload="popUp('page.html');"><!--content-->Nice one - cheers scout!<br />
<br />
Rob.<!--content-->Scoutt, I've tried to put that code into the html as you said, but it doesn't work! it doesn't bring up the popup window, but just says that there are errors on the page.<br />
Do there need to be any <script language="javascript">, </script> tags around the code that goes into the 'head' - I've tried that as well but no joy!<br />
Any ideas?<br />
<br />
Rob.<!--content-->oh yes sorry. try this<br />
<br />
<br />
<head><br />
<script language="javascript"><br />
<!--<br />
function popUp(pPage) { <br />
window.open(pPage,'popWin','resizable=yes,scrollbars=no,width=290,height=348,toolbar=no,location=no' ); <br />
} <br />
--><br />
</script><br />
</head><br />
<br />
then in the body tag add this<br />
<br />
<body onload="popUp('page.html');"><!--content-->Cheers Buddy - just the ticket<br />
my error was being generated because I already had an 'onload' tag in the body tag - stupidity!!!<br />
Thanks again<br />
<br />
Rob.<!--content-->

Back