Using Blockquote

liunx

I'm creating a webpage and thinking on using the <blockquote> tag for the page I'm designing. Any altertatives or better solutions before I attempt to use it?<!--content-->Originally posted by ecross <br />
I'm creating a webpage and thinking on using the <blockquote> tag for the page I'm designing. Any altertatives or better solutions before I attempt to use it? I prefer to use css padding.<br />
<element style="padding-left:5px; padding-right:5px;">text</element><!--content-->Originally posted by ecross <br />
I'm creating a webpage and thinking on using the <blockquote> tag for the page I'm designing. Any altertatives or better solutions before I attempt to use it? <br />
Nope. That is, if you are using it correctly. If you are just using it to indent text, then yes.<br />
You could use a styled <div>, or <p> tag.<!--content-->Yes, I'm just indenting text. Thanks. <br />
<br />
Does the CSS style work for most browsers and does that code you posted PeOfEo return the same results? What about the blockquote?<!--content-->Originally posted by ecross <br />
Yes, I'm just indenting text. Thanks. <br />
<br />
Does the CSS style work for most browsers and does that code you posted PeOfEo return the same results? What about the blockquote? It is going to work on all of the major browsers, and on the older ones the text will just not be indented (rly old). Content is still accessable. Using css will give you more control over how far the text gets indented, so I would say its the better option.<!--content-->Thank you! :D<!--content-->Wait...<br />
<br />
It doesn't work for me. Here's what I got inside the <body> tags.<br />
<br />
<p><br />
<element style="padding-left:5px; padding-right:5px;"><br />
<font color="#FF0000" size="3"><br />
Text Text Text Text.</font><br />
</element><br />
</p><br />
<br />
Using Internet Explorer 6.<!--content-->That's because there is no such element called ELEMENT, and so the browser ignores it. Simply put the style definition in with the P element.<!--content-->You can, however, create your own elements and apply CSS rules to them. Of course, you'd need to create some kind of custom DOCTYPE or apply them to an already existing DOCTYPE if you wanted them to validate correctly. See this thread (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forums.webdeveloper.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26446">http://forums.webdeveloper.com/showthre ... adid=26446</a><!-- m -->) for an example of styling custom elements.<!--content-->Originally posted by ecross <br />
Wait...<br />
<br />
It doesn't work for me. Here's what I got inside the <body> tags.<br />
<br />
<p><br />
<element style="padding-left:5px; padding-right:5px;"><br />
<font color="#FF0000" size="3"><br />
Text Text Text Text.</font><br />
</element><br />
</p><br />
<br />
Using Internet Explorer 6. I was using element because you can stick this code inside of a <td>, <div>, <p> and <span>, its just what I put in for misc element.<!--content-->

Back