Using a Form to Direct Users?

Hi all,<br />
<br />
I am curious to know if I can use a form consisting of 2 radio buttons to control where the user goes on the site. <br />
<br />
What is happening is the user will pick if they are inside North America or Outside North America, and depending on which button they choose I want them to be transfered to another page when they click on the submit button. How could I accomplish this.<br />
<br />
Thank you!<br />
Ry<!--content-->You'll need a little server side script to redirect your users. It won't take much, just a few lines of code. What languages do you have available? And note, if you try to do this client side with JavaScript then you will make your site inaccesible to the 13% of users who do not use JavaScript.<br />
<br />
But if you'll settle for just buttons, then put each button in its own form and use the "action" attribute of each FORM element to control the linking.<!--content-->Thank you for that start. If I was to put each button in its own form, what action would I use for the button? Just type in the page name I would like it to go to? Sorry, very rusty when it comes to this. Also, if I were to use a javascript, what would I have to code to get my desired action to work?<br />
<br />
Thanks.<!--content-->Yes, just set the attribute values to the desired URL. But wouldn't it have been easier to just try it than to ask me?<!--content-->True! However I was hoping more so for the answer to the Javascript part of the question. Any answer for that part?<!--content-->If I told you then you would use it and using it would be bad.<!--content-->Just out of curiosity:<br />
why complicate things with radio buttons, and submit button???<br />
What's wrong with providing two links???<!--content-->I would have to disagree that Using javascript would be bad because 13% of users, who mistakenly or accidently turned it off, cannot use it. It also is a more professional manner to do things rather than straight raw HTML. Thanks for the critical comments, much appreciated!<!--content-->Originally posted by Zujan <br />
It also is a more professional manner to do things rather than straight raw HTML. <br />
Where did you get this idea???<!--content-->Just use "Location.replace" in your Javascript to redirect the user....<br />
<br />
In your radio buttons...use "OnClick" and then using Location.Replace redirect them wherever u want....<br />
<br />
HTH<br />
<br />
I am gonna stay out of this debate of Javascript.... :p Just use whatever fancies you :D<!--content-->Originally posted by paps <br />
<snip />Just use whatever fancies you :D <br />
That is a good approach as long you as you design for your own amusement... :rolleyes:<!--content-->

Back