URL forwarding with cloacking (Frames)

liunx

Hi, Maybe someone could help with this.<br />
I just purchased a domain and set up URL forwarding so that<br />
when someone types the domain name the they are re-directed to actual URL (hosted on ATT Broadband).<br />
The forwarding is setup in such a way that the browser keeps<br />
showing the domain name instead of the real address (they call this method cloacking or frames).<br />
<br />
The problem is this. I have links on my main page to my other files in the same area. If I follow a link, I am taken to<br />
one of the files. Now, while I am looking at this file, if I hit refresh button, I expect to get the same file, but updated.<br />
Instead, however, I am taken back to the home page.<br />
<br />
To see this, go to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.homeloanma.com">www.homeloanma.com</a><!-- w --> (this is my domain),<br />
and follow any link. Then hit refresh button.<br />
This is not OK, because the user may not be able to get updates to pages other than index.html.<br />
<br />
Can anyone help?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Roman<!--content-->Strange, it dosn't seem to be anything wrong with your index.html-file, it worked well when I tried it at my website.<br />
:-/<br />
Try contacting the people wich sold you the url, if not anyone else knows what to do. :-/<!--content-->When you refresh a frameset page, most browser's default behaviour is to load the pages specified in the <frame> tag, rather than the page currently visible.<br />
<br />
Unfortunately, I don't know a workaround, but I need one for a site I'm working on. Anyone else got any ideas?<br />
<br />
Adam<!--content-->right this is only a 'hunch' but im certain it may work.<br />
<br />
You have a frameset with only 1 frame in. i suggest trying to put just an empty frame (well you may have to have it at like 1 pixel height) say above the title "Diana Shulman Home Page"<br />
<br />
It shouldn't disturb the overall layout of the lage too much as it will only be very small.<br />
<br />
Let me know if this works :)<!--content-->

Back