Updating website menu....

I have a website with about 40 pages with a nice menu bar. My problem is that each time I change the menu, I have to manually update each one on each of the 40 pages. Is there a way for me to update a central code which will then update all the menus automatically? This would really help me. Thanks.<!--content-->go and learn a server side language such as asp or php.....i recomend asp because it isn't too difficult to program what you're talking about....any more questions about it....go ahead and post!<!--content-->Virtually any server-side language will do (I, personally, would recommend PHP). Or you can use SSI (server-side include).<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.webdevfaqs.com/php.php#include">http://www.webdevfaqs.com/php.php#include</a><!-- m --><!--content-->well....there is 2 different languages you could choose from...and only you can choose!<!--content-->Originally posted by sirhcchris3 <br />
well....there is 2 different languages you could choose from...and only you can choose! <br />
<br />
<br />
Theres more than two. SSI, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET, JSP, ColdFusion?, ect...<!--content-->but php and asp are basically the main ones!.....SSI is used in a bunch of languages too!<!--content-->SSI is not a language, really, and you don't need language support for it to be used. Just SSI support. They're uber handy, though. But still, I'm seen my fare share of JSP pages about as well. At any rate, the OP has a wide choice.<!--content-->perl/cgi is also still around. There are still other smaller technologies running about.<!--content-->Originally posted by PeOfEo <br />
perl/cgi is also still around. There are still other smaller technologies running about. <br />
Can you include files with Perl? I always assumed it was more of a form processing-ish thing…<!--content-->Thanks all for your kind assistance. I really appreciate it.<!--content-->Originally posted by Paul Jr <br />
Can you include files with Perl? I always assumed it was more of a form processing-ish thing… yes, cgi can include files. To my knowledge you can do the server parsed html thing with cgi like the rest of em... But now you have me second gessing myself, so do not quote me on it.<!--content-->

Back