Updating Cells One After Another With Break From Database

desmaddin

I have a Excel like online spreadsheet for some purpose and it's almost done and working perfect but there is a issue I am facing and want to rectify. You can see spreadsheet there at http://partydesigners.site50.net/Excel Like App/Index.htmlThe issue is that at one single time more than 1 users are using this spreadsheet and if one person modify any cell the other don't get it updated in their spreadsheet so I planned to have a setTimeout() function to call a function that will update every cell in sheet there from database. 'Now the problem is there are 40 rows each having 10 records from the database and 400 records needs to be updated every "n" seconds so it hangs the browser and UE suffers. I thought I can create a timer like update one cell and then move to another after few seconds and then update another after few seconds in a chain.You can imagine as I updated first cell and then when it will be finished updating it will call a function for a cell next to it and so on a continue chain.So what pseudo-jquery code you would write for it?

Back