updater

windows

Hello, not quite sure where to put this question, many designers set up sites so the client can make general text & image updates. Is this usually done with a 'site updater' program, or can one simply embed a script that can be updated without having to deal with ftp & html?<br />
<br />
I also have a site that I maintain, and every couple weeks or so I have to update a show schedule, which includes 5 to 10 lines of text. Currently I have been opening the html in Dreamweaver, editing, and then uploading, however is there a method that would make this process simpler & faster for me?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Jonah<!--content-->It's usually done with server-side programming, using PERL, PHP, or something similar. <br />
<br />
What I usually do is set up a web page for the client to use. On that page there is a form they fill out to add records to a simple database which resides on the server. When they click submit, a CGI script enters (or deletes) the form's data to the database. Then, when a user goes to the web page in question, it calls for the data from the database & displays it.<!--content-->

Back