Unordered Lists Question

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi I was referred by someone from ttzforums.com who recommended this site.<br />
<br />
My question involves unordered lists. I have a slightly larger font used for my new site, but use <ul> tags. Unfortunated the bullet points don't center themselves vertically (ie like a "." is at the bottom of the line)<br />
Is there a way to vertically center the bullet point?<br />
Thanks<!--content-->As far as I know, the dot style is built into the browser. The dot will look different in different browsers.<br />
<br />
I haven't seen the dot style being changed (which is not the same as saying that it cannot be done; I haven't seen it done).<!--content-->do you have an example, I never seen it not centered.<!--content-->Originally posted by giz <br />
As far as I know, the dot style is built into the browser. The dot will look different in different browsers.<br />
<br />
I haven't seen the dot style being changed (which is not the same as saying that it cannot be done; I haven't seen it done). hey Giz, you can use url() for the dots. i've done it before and it works a charm!<br />
<br />
though i can't figure out how to vertically center the damn things either! i could swear i did it before....<!--content-->I wasn't aware of that "trick".<br />
<br />
Do all browsers support that? Does the validator like it, or complain?<!--content-->Originally posted by giz <br />
I wasn't aware of that "trick".<br />
<br />
Do all browsers support that? Does the validator like it, or complain? yeah, as far as i know, it's totally valid CSS1.<!--content-->Originally posted by scoutt <br />
do you have an example, I never seen it not centered. <br />
<br />
Here's an example. On IE 6, it is as I describe<br />
<br />
LINK (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www11.brinkster.com/kingbrianii/test2.html">http://www11.brinkster.com/kingbrianii/test2.html</a><!-- m -->)<!--content-->well although I can't see why you would put a list on something that big but ok, <br />
<br />
<li style="vertical-align : middle;"><br />
<br />
but does not work in Mozilla1.3, NS4, NS6+ which is very odd, only IE so far.<!--content-->Originally posted by scoutt <br />
well although I can't see why you would put a list on something that big but ok, <br />
<br />
<li style="vertical-align : middle;"><br />
<br />
but does not work in Mozilla1.3, NS4, NS6+ which is very odd, only IE so far. <br />
<br />
It's not actually anywhere that big. My actual font tag is size="+1", not +6 as I have used.<br />
<br />
Also, does it create an error in the other browsers, or just not display correctly?<br />
<br />
thanks<!--content-->it has no effect in other browsers. stays the same at the bottom<!--content-->

Back