Unable to parse file in SD Card with SAX Parser

fesa

hope you're all well. I'm trying to parse an XML located in my SD card but for some reason I can't get my parser to parse the XML file. I think it has to do with the way I'm transforming my original file into a readable object for the parser.I've searched and searched but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong - nothing seems to work.I can process the exact same file with pullparser (I'm trying to get a handle on all 3 XML parsing methods right now)I'm including the basic code relating to the parsing; if you think the error's not there I can post more or answer queries:\[code\]super.onCreate(savedInstanceState); setContentView(R.layout.main); path = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory() + File.separator + "MartyWeight" + File.separator + "martyweight.xml"; yourFile = new File (path);try{ SAXParserFactory saxPF = SAXParserFactory.newInstance(); SAXParser saxP = saxPF.newSAXParser(); InputStream inputStream = new FileInputStream(yourFile); Reader xmlReader = new InputStreamReader(inputStream, "UTF-8"); InputSource xmlSource = new InputSource(xmlReader); xmlSource.setEncoding("UTF-8"); XMLHandler myXMLHandler = new XMLHandler(); saxP.parse(xmlSource, myXMLHandler); }catch (Exception e){ System.out.println(e); }\[/code\]I know a lot of questions have been asked about parsing and SD cards - but I promise I have been thorough in my research and still not found a solution. Very frustrating!

Back