Unable to get the project file from the Web Server

My project used to work perfectly fine.
I foolishly decided once to make a copy of it for testing purposes in the same directory in the wwwroot.Then the complexity happened that i had this msg when trying to access the orignal project
"Unable to get the project file from the Web Server". So i erased both the copy and the original from that directory.
When i made another copy into my wwwroot from an external device, the same error msg appeared again. Knowing that i did that the very first time before this problem happened by creating it in my iis and it used to work fine...
Now i'm doing the same procedures as if i'm doing it for the very first time, but the problem persist. :confused:

Does anyone have a clue?

P.S. If i open my WebApplication1.sln in Notepad...I find this "http://localhost/WebApplication1/WebApplication1.vbproj", so no problem.
And if i open my WebApplication1.vbproj.webinfo in Notepad...I find this <VisualStudioUNCWeb>
<Web URLPath = "http://localhost/WebApplication1/WebApplication1.vbproj" />
</VisualStudioUNCWeb>
so no problem as well.....i have the same problem.
have u done it?I also had this problem in VStudio 2003 (7.1.3088). Basically my solution file was working fine untill I moved my web project and changed the virtual directory in IIS to point to the new location. From that point on, VStudio could no longer load the individual project files and gave the error message about not being able to open the web project files (in the subject).

I am assuming the VStudio caches some information about the solution somewhere because I deleted the options file (suo) and edited the solution file and couldnt' see anything that would indicate why VStudio couldn't open the projects that I could access from IE.

I found the only workaround was to do the following:

* Delete the old solution.
* Right click the project file in IIS and open it (this will create a new solution in VStudio).
* Add any other project files to this new solutiuon.

This created a new solution and this one loaded fine from that point onwards.There is a file named {project name}.vbproj.webinfo. This tells the IDE where to open the project file from. I've had to edit this file whenever I've moved or renamed a ASP.NET profile folder.

Hope this helps.There is a file named {project name}.vbproj.webinfo. This tells the IDE where to open the project file from. I've had to edit this file whenever I've moved or renamed a ASP.NET profile folder.

Hope this helps.

My webinfo folder has the correct path, but still no go. Any more ideas?

--Kyle Bennetttry this, you have afolder that contains all the files to your project right, now open that project then copy all files, after copying, create an new project naming that project what you have named your previous project, now in the new project delete all files there and paste what you have copied

Back