ummm... button text padding??

liunx

is there any way to remove the left and right padding around the text on a button?<br />
<br />
<br />
------------------------------------------<br />
| padding Looong Text... padding |<br />
------------------------------------------<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
--------------------<br />
| Looong Text... |<br />
--------------------<br />
<br />
<br />
i've tried padding:0px; and margin:0px; in vaine :-|<!--content--><input style="padding: 0" type="submit" name="edit" value="Save Changes"><br />
<br />
works for me :)<!--content-->darn, in ie6, it doesn't do it :-/<br />
<br />
<br />
<input type="button" value="nbdvfsnvghdsms dgymgdsyfg dsgfjdsgfmjd,sg fjhmdsjyfds" style="padding: 0"><br />
<br />
<input style="padding: 0" type="submit" name="edit" value="dkhjfgvsdgfujdsfysdkfyusdfyusdgkudsSave Changes"><br />
<br />
<br />
either way, the padding around the text is still there, it's pretty small on a word or two but when you add a lot of characters, the padding prob is all too visible *sigh*<!--content-->yup, there is somethings that IE will not let you do.<!--content-->Nooooooooooooooooooo * crys *<br />
<br />
i was affraid you were going to say that :(<br />
<br />
but i know what you mean... if only Some free web browser would do literally Every thing without a lot of fuss and would also self-correct any html/css/js 'bad code' for you... i believe the world would be a better place, lol<br />
<br />
course, the browser wars scr__ed that possibility...<br />
<br />
tell you what, if i get a trillion $$, I'll have some programming geniuses build that dream browser for everyone and give it away for free =)<!--content-->

Back