Typo3 - Will I Be Able To Add Extensions, Etc. At Tch?

liunx

In trying to learn how TYPO3 works, I've been getting advice from experienced TYPO3 developers. One guy told me this: "The only drawback to a shared environment is a lack of root access to the server, which is needed in some cases for various TYPO3 extensions, and to secure TYPO3 so files can be written to by the server."<br /><br />Do these limitations apply to TCH? If I need an extension installed, can I install them (or at least, can the TCH staff install them for me)? I don't really understand what he meant by "to secure TYPO3 so files can be written to by the server," because I installed TYPO3 on a TCH server and I do seem to be able to write files.<br /><br />Thanks, Jesse<!--content-->
You can modify your file and folder permissions with File Manager or and FTP client. To change ownership of the files you would need to open a ticket with the help desk.<br /><br />As for installing modules or extensions, you should also be able to do those with File Manager or and FTP client unless they are server wide extensions which you would have to ask the help desk if they would be able to install them.<!--content-->
I would think since fantastico created the files that the script would have no problem writing to the files<br />All other scripts installed by fantastico have no problem.<!--content-->