typing

liunx

this is a simple problem i know, i cant remeber anythin! i gave up html four years ago, now im 13 im back at it! :D <br />
<br />
i need a code to stop people selecting text on my page.<br />
i know theres a way to do this but i lost the script :( <br />
plz help<!--content-->how exactly are you using this, what are you trying to accomplish?<!--content-->its to stop ppl stealling stuff off my site, ive stopped right clicking already but they can still use ctrl+c<!--content-->Originally posted by damien_gothic <br />
its to stop ppl stealling stuff off my siteSorry to tell you, but it can't be done. If you don't want people to steal your site's contents, simply don't upload it.<!--content-->not even with javascript or any other type of sitemakin ****???<!--content-->its not that i dont want them stealing my stuff, i just want ppl to hav a hard time doing it!!!<!--content-->Please don't swear on the forums. I'm not staff here, but I'm sure it isn't appreciated.<br />
<br />
To answer your question, no. It just can't be done. JavaScript or any other client-side scripting language will not prevent a dedicated user from stealing anything off of your site. I can get all of the images and other contents from your site by using a simple browser option: File -> Save Page As.... Again, if you don't want people to steal your site's contents, simply don't upload it. The best thing you could probably do is watermark your images and such. <br />
<br />
I hope that clears things up for you.<!--content-->Sh*t is swearin? sorry. thanks anyway.<!--content-->Even if you use java script, I use a mozilla firebird browser, no right click scripts and stuff like that can be avoided by me just going into options and turning java script off. We established in another thread that you cannot protect any content online with a client side language, or even a server side one for that matter. But server side protects passwords and stuff like that.<!--content-->Originally posted by PeOfEo <br />
We established in another thread that you cannot protect any content online with a client side language, or even a server side one for that matter.Can we PLEASE not start that whole thing up again? :eek:<!--content-->Originally posted by Aronya1 <br />
Can we PLEASE not start that whole thing up again? :eek: <br />
<br />
<br />
I completely agree.<!--content-->lol.<!--content-->

Back