trying to use order list in a table

windows

I trying to use an order list in a table. And it doesn't seem to work<br />
i need a table to look like with a different litter in each row. but when i try to do this i either get just a period or A all throught out can some please help.<br />
I tried this but it just gave me A's<br />
<ol type="A"><br />
<table border=1><br />
<br />
<tr><td><li></li></td></tr><br />
</table><br />
</ol><br />
<br />
<br />
Then i tried this and it just gave me periods<br />
<table border=1><br />
<ol type="A"><br />
<br />
</ol><br />
<br />
</table><br />
<br />
Does any one know how to get this to work<br />
:confused:<!--content-->Dump the table.<!--content-->can't dumped the table. what i displayed was just test code i was working on. the real deal is a table with multiple columns for a report like print out. I think i will just have to create a script to do what i want. I was just wondering if this was at all possible.<!--content-->Then put a complete list into each cell. What you have is not valid HTML.<!--content-->don't quite under what you mean by that. if i do what i think you are saying i will be in the same position of having all A's. Thanks i guess i just needed confirmation that this could be done my plain html. thanks. :)<!--content-->Table is used to present tabular data <br />
List is used to present ... well... a list<br />
<br />
You can have a table of lists or a list of tables; putting a list item by itself in a table cell makes no sense.<br />
<br />
Before you think "HTML" you need to understand what kind of data you have and what kind of logical presentation it requires.<!--content-->Originally posted by Vladdy <br />
Before you think "HTML" you need to understand what kind of data you have and what kind of logical presentation it requires.Extremely well phrashed, I think I may just quote that in future if you don't mind.<!--content-->

Back