Trying to make an XML reader work in C ++

iieixr

I am trying to read some XML code from a website, and am having a bit of trouble figuring out where my errors are. Using the code from this extremely useful post, I am trying to read a file that I have saved to my desktop ("H:\MyName\Desktop\secLendingXML.cfm.xml"). The code is below:\[code\]#include "stdafx.h"#include <stdio.h>#include <tchar.h>#include <windows.h>#import <msxml6.dll> rename_namespace(_T("MSXML"))int main(/*int argc, char* argv[]*/){HRESULT hr = CoInitialize(NULL); if (SUCCEEDED(hr)){ try { MSXML::IXMLDOMDocument2Ptr xmlDoc; hr = xmlDoc.CreateInstance(__uuidof(MSXML::DOMDocument60), NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER); // TODO: if (FAILED(hr))... if (xmlDoc->load(_T("H:\MyName\Desktop\secLendingXML.cfm.xml")) != VARIANT_TRUE) { printf("Unable to load input.xml\n"); } else { printf("XML was successfully loaded\n"); xmlDoc->setProperty("SelectionLanguage", "XPath"); MSXML::IXMLDOMNodeListPtr wheels = xmlDoc->selectNodes("/Car/Wheels/*"); printf("Car has %u wheels\n", wheels->Getlength()); MSXML::IXMLDOMNodePtr node; node = xmlDoc->createNode(MSXML::NODE_ELEMENT, _T("Engine"), _T("")); node->text = _T("Engine 1.0"); xmlDoc->documentElement->appendChild(node); hr = xmlDoc->save(_T("output.xml")); if (SUCCEEDED(hr)) printf("output.xml successfully saved\n"); } } catch (_com_error &e) { printf("ERROR: %ws\n", e.ErrorMessage()); } CoUninitialize();}system("PAUSE");return 0;\[/code\]}The message "Unable to load input.xml" always shows, so I know I'm not having an error, but that the code is unable to load my XML file.Do I need to save the XML file in a different location? Is the ".cfm" before the ".xml" screwing with the reading process?To give an idea of my intended direction, I want to be able to load the XML file from the New York Fed website and read it into some sort of data file where I can automate the data retrieving process. That way, whenever the website is updated, I will automatically be notified, and it will be reflected by the change in the data file that I will have saved somewhere on my computer. If anyone also wants to help with how I go about that part - poll intervals, tracking website changes, etc. - that would also be appreciated.Thank you for any and all help.

Back