TRUE html developers ONLY!

liunx

I'm looking for those of you who are pure masters of raw HTML. I have been hand coding HTML for about 5 years now and I'm always looking for other "experts" to contact when I come across something that stumps me.<br />
<br />
I'd like to get a thread going that will have really good questions and comments regarding anything HTML related.<br />
<br />
The first topic I'd like to discuss is relative width pages in Netscape 4.x. When I develop a page at 100% that does not have enough content to vertically scroll the page...I notice that the scroll bar area is still there, unlike IE which will push any background colors all the way to the extreme right edge of the browser.<br />
<br />
Anyone know if there is a way to mimic this in Netscape 4.x?<!--content-->hmmnnn.... IE does reserve the space to the right for a scroll bar if you do not add the scroll="no" attribute to the body tag. However, scroll="no" is not N4.x compatico. I suppose you could dynamically write all those tables dependant on the browser version. <br />
<br />
Does this occur in N6 and N7? (No scrollbar reserved space?)<br />
<br />
I'll have to Download <!--more--> a copy of N4.7x again. Been a while since I've surfed with it.<!--content-->From my experience, N4 will have the scrollbar space stuck there forever. I can't think of any solution on that one.<!--content-->Originally posted by by350 <br />
I'm looking for those of you who are pure masters of raw HTML. I have been hand coding HTML for about 5 years now and I'm always looking for other "experts" to contact when I come across something that stumps me. <br />
tht is why this forum is here, to help people when they get stumped. :)<br />
<br />
Originally posted by Dr. Web<br />
However, scroll="no" is not N4.x compatico.<br />
scroll="no" works in NS4.x<!--content-->Hmmmmmmmm...I'll give the scroll="no" thing a try.<!--content-->my HTML4 reference sources the scroll="x" as non supported in N4.x. I'm happy if it works, just annotating that I can find that it is technically supported.... and may give wierd results.<!--content-->

Back