TinyXML2 Parsing going very bad

francoele

EDIT: I figured it out, look towards the bottom half of thisBefore I ask my question, I will state I have successfully used TBXML and RapidXML. Specifically Rapid has parsed this very same document successfully. I'm familiar with XML reading and assigning values.That said, TinyXML and Cocos seems to be a good combination, as it compiles to android. I can go down the nodes ONCE, print out values, see where I am... the problem is this:node = node->nextSibling();Always returns false. I've learned that I can do this:node->Parent()->NextSibling(); and this will give me the next sibling instead. But here's a problem:ParentNode->FirstChild() will return the first element of that tree. But if I call ParentNode->NextSibling(), for some reason it returns a pointer to the sibling, except it's now one level higher on the tree.This is going to make looping a semi nightmare. I'm scouring http://grinninglizard.com/tinyxml2docs/classtinyxml2_1_1_x_m_l_node.html to find differences between using node, or element styles (eg: NextSiblingElement() ) but at best, I get one loop through with a failure, or just a crash. This parser doesn't work like the others, or I have the conventions wrong. I've placed cout's everywhere to see where I am, and the initial runs seem fine. Specifically NextSibling is causing issues, and I think I just don't know the tree structure that they "intend" to use.This is my nested loop as of now: \[code\] for( node = node->FirstChild(); node; node = node->NextSibling() ) { cout << endl << node->Parent()->Value(); for( tempElement = node->FirstChildElement(); tempNode; tempElement = tempElement->NextSibling() ) { //assign inner values } //take the inner values and assign them to an object }\[/code\]So, while my code matches all of the suggestions for traversing sibling elements, it's failing. I could use some help from someone who's used this, as what I did in 30 minutes with every other system, is costing hours. Also, I'm sure it'll make more sense once "their way" is understood, but I can't find one working example on the internet of doing this. Plenty of ones suggesting the sample code I have (not working).For the most part, TinyXML does find nodes and values, and if you remember that to get the type, you have to use node->Parent()->Value(), then knowing where you are in a tree doesn't seem too hard.Just for kicks, here's the load, which is working:\[code\] if (doc.LoadFile(xmlFilePath.c_str()) == XML_SUCCESS){ XMLNode *node = doc.RootElement(); node = node->FirstChild(); //root //....\[/code\]Thanks for any assistance! Would be greatly appreciated, and perhaps the only TinyXML2 question with a working answer for future askers, at least at this point in time.EDIT: I can't answer yet, but I figured out:For the love of... I hope I'm doing something wrong, if you're doing this, pay attention to this pattern, it works (Probably same for TinyXML2, I'm guessing, just replace TiXmlNode with XMLNode):note: node refers to the root.Essentially, think of the NextSibling as a function on the parent, where it's laying out "who's next".Thanks for the visits so far. This traverses at least to 6 items (outer ones, yay!), then I'm sure the bug I'm having now is my own.This should help somebody, if anyone else needs to traverse a tree dynamically.\[code\] TiXmlNode * subNode = node->FirstChild(); for(subNode = node ; subNode; subNode = subNode->Parent()->NextSibling()) { subNode = subNode->FirstChild(); cout << endl << "Parent " << subNode->Parent()->Value() << endl; for( tempNode = subNode; tempNode; tempNode = tempNode->Parent()->NextSibling() ) { tempNode = tempNode->FirstChild();\[/code\]

Back