tiled background looks awful

liunx

Hi,<br />
I have developed a page that I would like to look consistant across all screen resolutions.<br />
The problem I have at the moment is that I have designrd a cool looking background that look great at 1024x768, but when I view it on a bigger monitor at 1280x1024, the background is tiled and looks crap.<br />
Is it possible to stretch the picture to fill the entire background of the browser.<br />
<br />
Tricia<!--content-->you can make it fixed or you can tell it to not tike, but I wouldn't even worry about it. not very many people use that size of resolution so forget it.<br />
<br />
just make sure it is not so huge for teh majority of users that use 800x600 which is 90% of internet users.<!--content-->sure thing but you can't stretch it.<br />
<br />
put this in between your head tags of the page in question<br />
<br />
<style><br />
BODY { <br />
background: url("image.gif");<br />
background-repeat: no-repeat;<br />
background-attachment: fixed;<br />
background-position: center;<br />
}<br />
<br />
</style><br />
<br />
but the problem with that is that some older browsers won't adhere to the fixed and no-repeat.<!--content-->Originally posted by scoutt <br />
sure thing but you can't stretch it.<br />
<br />
put this in between your head tags of the page in question<br />
<br />
<br />
code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />
<style><br />
BODY { <br />
background: url("image.gif");<br />
background-repeat: no-repeat;<br />
background-attachment: fixed;<br />
background-position: center;<br />
}<br />
<br />
</style><br />
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />
<br />
but the problem with that is that some older browsers won't adhere to the fixed and no-repeat. <br />
<br />
What if their is no background image and it's just a hex code? (I don't want to stretch I'd like to shorten for people with 800x600 and bigger)<!--content-->color doesn't stretch. it is autmatic to the screen size.<!--content-->

Back