this should be an easy one for you guys

liunx

I'm wanting to create a page on my site that I'll really just use for me. I want to be able to have a text box and maybe a textarea box below it where I can put a URL in the 1st and then a description in the 2nd box and have it post to another page of links. I am soon to start traveling around Europe and Asia and want to have a page I can look at and add to while hitting up various internet cafes. This should be simple, I'm thinking, but I just can't figure it out. More details: I have my own site already and have basic html skills, only know how to post in HTML, though. Any help? Thanks!<!--content-->what you want can only be accomplished with server side language like cgi, php, or asp.<!--content-->take a look at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hotscripts.com">www.hotscripts.com</a><!-- w --> , they have what you need!<br />
or, if you want to write your own script, i can think of how this could easily be accomplished in PHP using a MySQL Database.<!--content-->Thanks for the quick replies. I'm interested in learning about each of these options. I used to code pages fairly often but it has been about five years and A LOT has changed. I don't know anything about cgi (anymore), php, asp, or MySQL db. I'm going to check out hotscripts.com in the meantime. Thanks for your suggestion on that. Keep them coming! I appreciate all the help I get from this site.<!--content-->

Back