There MUST be a way..(theres a definate will) IFRAME height..

liunx

Ok... Ive read alot of forum posts about this, and most people arnt getting anywhere with it... But can anyone at all think of a way to make an Iframe automatically adjust to the size of the content loaded into it?<br />
<br />
I want to do this because I want all of the content around my Iframe to remain static, and be able to load various content into the middle of it..<br />
<br />
Its no good setting the height of the IFRAME to 100% or the heighest pixels of my longest page.. because then the navigations on the left and right stretch to a length that is not neccasary! <br />
<br />
My page is <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nuozek.com/ephoenix/">http://www.nuozek.com/ephoenix/</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
Its due in for college tommorow! So im determined to try and crack this, ive no time to revamp and use virtual includes! If anyone at all can think of anything, id appreciate it so so much!!<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Jamie<br />
<br />
P.S it would be nice (if possible) to get this working in Netscape and on Macs too.<!--content-->not getting anywhere with it? you can't. if you made a iframe 100% that is telling the frmae to be 100% in height or width of the users resolutions and the width of the page it is on. an iframe is like a html page. I mean it gets it source from its html file and if the source is bigger than the iframe than the iframe will scroll (if it is set to) by default just like its bigger brother the html page.<br />
<br />
so the answer is no you can't make the iframe adjust to the size of it src.<br />
<br />
edit: oh and to get it working in Macs and Netscape all depends on what versions of the browsers you use. NS4.x doesn't support the iframe, but I believe the rest do.<!--content-->Agreed with Scoutt.<br />
<br />
You could spend far too long trying to suss this. Even if you could do this I think you would create other problems with the surrounding layout.<!--content-->

Back