The page template is not loading, but the node template is loading

sys info: drupal 6 installation, with tons of modules... too many to list.the problem: only a certain content type will not load it's template file correctly. some nodes that would be displayed on these pages through views are making it to the markup. they are the only content that gets loaded. the template file that this content falls back on is node-event.tplthe objective: to load page-team.tpl.phptemplate suggestions are loaded in two ways in template.php through preprocessing via\[code\]mytheme_preprocess_page(&$vars, $hook)\[/code\]converted from \[code\]_phptemplate_variables ()\[/code\] in a drupal 5 installation.method 1:\[code\]if (module_exists('path')) { $alias = drupal_get_path_alias(str_replace('/edit','',$_GET['q'])); if ($alias != $_GET['q']) { $template_filename = 'page'; foreach (explode('/', $alias) as $path_part) { $template_filename = $template_filename . '-' . $path_part; $vars['template_files'][] = $template_filename; } }}\[/code\]method 2:\[code\]if ($vars['node']->og_groups['0'] || preg_match('/fdl\//',$vars['node']->path) || (preg_match('/og\/manage/',$alias) || preg_match('/og\/invite/',$alias) || preg_match('/og\/users/',$alias)) || (preg_match('/node\/add/',$alias) && $_GET['gids'] != '') || $vars['node']->og_description || (arg(0) == 'user' && is_numeric(arg(1)))) { $vars['template_files'][] = 'page-team';}\[/code\]page-team is the tpl that is missing, and i suspect there may be an error with my code above (method 2).i'm attempting to load this template for all pages with the first path argument of "fdl" so site.com/fdl and all children of fdl.i know there are lots of possibilities. but i have a feeling the error is here. thanks for any help you can offer.

Back