Thank you: Where to start

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you very much Pat for the advice. I am cutting and pastingyour email text in to my sticky to guide me to various references."Pat-Reek" <[email protected]> wrote:>>I liked "XML in Action", William J. Pardi, Microsoft Press, for gettingmy>feet wet; takes away that fear factor, and shows you it's just another language.> Caveat(a); Very MicroSoft-Centric, including writing to their MSXML tools,>but technically friendly. Caveat (b); What you can do with it today isa>lot more than what you could do with it when this was written. XML is still>very much in the Jules Verne "In 100 years, people will fly to the moon->riding on sausages!" stage - everyone is conjecturing(??), testing, andimplementing.>Also, download Cocoon from xml.apache.org, and follow their install case>(to the letter!) and then play around with their examples, and then XMLSpy>Trial Version (An Outstanding editor) and then you'll be cutting-edge!>>Patrick N.>>"Aaron " <[email protected]> wrote:>>>>>>Hi XML,>>>>XML has always intimidated me --I do not know where to start and how to>start.>>I have been using HTML, JavaScript past 4 years and CSS from the past year>>and they were a breeze to learn and practice for me.>>>>With XML I am confused what tools and resources I need to program in it,>>where I can get it, or even what exactly it is.>>>>It is my hope that here in this newsgroup some of you will be able to point>>me in the right direction. Can you suggest me a good book, online tutorial,>>a location where I can download tools.>>>>Thanks in advance,>>Aaron>

Back