Textareas

windows

I'm using asp to create a simple guestbook with two values name and comments. This is fine (otherwise I'd ask this in the asp forum).The problem I have is I want to give the user the chance to edit their comments, much as one can do on here, leaving their original comments there to be modified. The problem I'm having is as I'm calling these from a database I give the textbox (like the subject on here) the value of whatever is in the name section of my database, and I want to give the textarea the value of whatever's in my comments section. But Textareas can't use the value command! What do I do?<br />
IxxI<br />
<br />
SORRY PLEASE IGNORE - BEING VERY STUPID YOU PUT IT BETWEEN <TEXTAREA> and </TEXTAREA>!! IT'S LATE - THAT'S MY EXCUSE!<!--content-->Originally posted by IxxI <br />
I want to give the textarea the value of whatever's in my comments section. But Textareas can't use the value command! What do I do?<br />
IxxI<br />
<br />
<br />
Well if you meant that you can not assign textarea a value by doing something like this<br />
<br />
textarea.value="anyvalue";<br />
<br />
Then I am afraid you are wrong,<br />
<br />
You should be able to use <br />
document.formname.textareaName.value = "any value";<br />
<br />
cheers<br />
<br />
Khalid<!--content-->

Back