Text String Output

Hi folks,<br />
<br />
I'm new to this forum. I'm have a problem displaying text string within a form. A long text string without space would cause the column to growth indefinetly. How do I display it in a fixed size column. I have tried to specify the width parameter to in both pixel and percentage without success. Thank You in advance for your advice.<br />
<br />
<cfquery name="GetDesc" datasource="ADVT">SELECT descriptionFROM exav.sesion<br />
WHERE problem_id='#Problem_ID#' and session_id=#first_session_id#<br />
</cfquery><br />
<td align="left" width="250" valign="top"><br />
<font face="verdana" size="1">#GetDesc.description#</font><br />
</td><br />
<td align="left" valign="top"><font face="verdana" size="1">#ParagraphFormat(HTMLEditFormat(Problem_Result))#</font></td><!--content-->what is the code you are using?<!--content-->it looks like coldfusion to me, not sure tho<br />
<br />
from what i understand, you're trying to prevent a table cell from expanding with non-wrappable content?<br />
<br />
not likely i'm afraid, as there's no way to force text wrapping in a line with no spaces.<br />
<br />
you could try putting it in a form field like this:<br />
<br />
<br />
<table width="300"><br />
<tr><td><br />
<input type="text" value="::COLDFUSION CODE HERE::"><br />
</td></tr><br />
</table><br />
<br />
<br />
the text you enter won't expand the table, instead it will simply run off the end of the input field.<br />
<br />
it looks odd though, so you could add a stylesheet to hide the form input.<br />
<br />
hope this helps a little<br />
<br />
--jackhammer<!--content-->if you specified the width in the table then you should be ok. what you have should work fine as you specified 250 for the cell.<br />
<br />
and text is always wrapable. the text should wrap in that cell if you specified the width in the table and cell. I would test i tout but I don't have ColdFusion.<!--content-->

Back