Text overlaps table cell in Netscape 6.2

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,<br />
<br />
I have a table containing two cells. The right cell contains a paragraph text which has its style defined in an external style sheet. The table itself is a flexible width table.<br />
<br />
The problem is that the page displays fine in IE but the text overlaps the table cell in Netscape 6.2. Can anyone help? Please see the link below.<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.test.customerdemo.com/">http://www.test.customerdemo.com/</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
Thanks in advance<br />
<br />
Vince<!--content-->I don't have netscape, so I can't tell what is affected, but check your style sheet to see what the overflow is set for. I have a feeling it is set for visible, which means if ther is too much content that the container allows it will just spill over and show it past the containers borders. Perhaps change it to auto or scroll. I could have sworn there was also a wrap, you may want to try that also. Hope this helps.<!--content-->I have tried what you have said by setting the overflow for both the paragraph style and the style for the table cell. It makes no differece.<br />
<br />
I have uploaded the files again.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
<br />
Vince<!--content-->actually it is not the text overlapping, it is the list that is going over the table cell into the text.<br />
<br />
change the width 16em to nothing or make it pixels.<br />
<br />
and it is is showing correctly in NS, IE has the problem. mozilla shows it just like NS.<!--content-->Actually, I managed to fix the problem.<br />
<br />
The left table cell had a width of "1". I removed this and the problem has gone away. I guess mixing percentage with fixed widths caused confusion with Netscape.<br />
<br />
Vince<!--content-->I told you it isn't just netscape, mozilla did it as well. also you didn't confuse it as you told it to be 1 but then made the list bigger. it was doing just as you told it nothing more nothing less.<br />
<br />
but glad you got it fixed. :)<!--content-->

Back