Text overlapping image

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I have a page on a site which contains a list of tables. Each table has a percentage width and contains 2 columns. The left column contains a small thumbnail image and the right column contains some text.<br />
<br />
I have noticed that in some cases when viewing the page in IE6, the text sometimes overlaps the thumbnail image. When I refresh the browser the problem goes away. Sometimes resizing the browser also solves the problem.<br />
<br />
I have heard that this may be due to the fact that the image is not supported by Height and Width tags. This is because the page is database driven and the pictures have different dimensions. If I have to I could store the image dimensions in the database then generate the height and<br />
width tag values but wanted to check with this forum first.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
<br />
Vince<!--content-->i doubt it would be height/width attribute -related, although that is definitely something you should look into doing anyway, for standards-compliance (and so the content doesn't jump around while the images are loading). more likely it's just IE being its buggy old self. how about posting a link so we can see it and have something to argue over? :P<!--content-->

Back