Text on images

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Using HTML codes, can you put text on an image?<!--content-->I don't believe you can unless the image is used as a background image, Could you add the text to you image..? <br />
<br />
Someone will confirm this for you so check the other replys you get... jaeman;)<!--content-->i think you can in PHP.<br />
<br />
if you are so inclined , you can you use style="position:absolute;" to place text wherever you like, but... this can cause off-positioning on different resolutions.<br />
<br />
just put it as the background if you can<!--content-->Originally posted by Gregory <br />
i think you can in PHP.<br />
<br />
if you are so inclined , you can you use style="position:absolute;" to place text wherever you like, but... this can cause off-positioning on different resolutions.<br />
<br />
just put it as the background if you can <br />
That has nothing to do with PHP!<!--content-->>> i think you can in PHP. <<<br />
<br />
Care to explain that?<br />
<br />
The output from a PHP script is simply a stream of dynamically-generated HTML code, the HTML code looking no different to static HTML code that could do the same job.<!--content-->I just did in php...of course with some help from scoutt :) <br />
<br />
here's the link to the thread:<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.htmlforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30581&perpage=15&pagenumber=2">http://www.htmlforums.com/showthread.ph ... genumber=2</a><!-- m --><!--content-->You can put text over an image in HTML. Just use this:<br />
<br />
<div style="position: absolute; top: #; left: #; width: #; height: #">TEXT TEXT TEXT</div><br />
<br />
Replace # with the dimension and place you want the text. It should go over the image. (It did for me.) Surely there is a way to get it to fit with the screen resolution.<!--content-->if you are so inclined , you can you use style="position:absolute;" to place text wherever you like, but... this can cause off-positioning on different resolutions. <br />
that's exactly what greg said except without posting the code :rolleyes:<!--content-->Originally posted by giz <br />
>> i think you can in PHP. <<<br />
<br />
Care to explain that?<br />
<br />
The output from a PHP script is simply a stream of dynamically-generated HTML code, the HTML code looking no different to static HTML code that could do the same job. <br />
well yes and no. in php we can copy the image an dwrite to tha timage and display it just like regular html, with no css involved.<br />
<br />
<br />
so yes it will be static but no it will not have css in it. html can't do it unless you use css.<!--content-->

Back