text files

liunx

i am building a site with a lot of text and was wondering if it is possible to save all the text in a text file and reference this in my HTML to print it to the screen instead of having all the text in the HTML file.<!--content-->With PHP or SSI you can:<br />
<br />
.php<br />
<?PHP<br />
include ("yourfile.txt");<br />
?><br />
<br />
.shtml<br />
<!--# include file="yourfile.txt"--><br />
<br />
The only thing to remember is that for your new lines in the text file, you will need <br>'s unless you are importing to a textarea...<!--content-->Originally posted by Count_Rugen <br />
i am building a site with a lot of text and was wondering if it is possible to save all the text in a text file and reference this in my HTML to print it to the screen instead of having all the text in the HTML file. <br />
Do you mean something like a word that is hi-lited as a reference to more information?<br />
If so use a link to another page that hav that information. <br />
Other than that I can't make out what you are doing.<!--content-->excellent! Thanks! It works a treat.<!--content-->Great...Out of curiosity, which method did you use? PHP or SSI?<!--content-->Hi, I needed to do something similar using<br />
<br />
<?PHP<br />
include ("yourfile.txt");<br />
?><br />
<br />
problem is that it does not respect lines ... that is all the content is displayed on one line<br />
<br />
Salam<!--content-->Originally posted by pyro <br />
The only thing to remember is that for your new lines in the text file, you will need <br>'s unless you are importing to a textarea...<!--content-->

Back