text/css

Just wondered if anyone could help with a text problem I have.<br />
I found a font and text size that I think looks great but I use Front Page and I have to paste it into the code manually.<br />
The text also looks fine in ie6, opera but not in N4.<br />
I'm only a novice but wondered if someone could please show me how to make a css using this font/size or just a style tag i could use in the <head>.<br />
Thanks for lookin<br />
<br />
<br />
Here is an example of the code:<br />
<br />
<html><head></head><body><br />
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="100%" id="AutoNumber1"><br />
<tr><br />
<td width="100%" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px;">Just wondered if anyone could help with a text problem I <br />
have.<br>I found a font and text size that I think looks great but I use <br />
Front Page and I have to paste it into the code manually.<br>The text also looks fine in ie6, opera but not in N4.<br><br />
I'm only a novice but wondered if someone could please show me how to make a <br />
css using this font/size or just a style tag i could use in the <head>.<p>Thanks <br />
for looking</td><br />
</tr></table></body></html><!--content-->In CSS you must have units with all of your numbers, so one of either px, pt, em, %, or # is always required.<br />
<br />
<br />
You would be better off to export the CSS to an external file and call it with a one line instruction in the <head>:<br />
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" src=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"/path/file.css"><br />
<br />
<br />
This makes the file ususable by all pages that call it.<br />
<br />
<br />
Stick this in a text file called whatever.css:<br />
<br />
table {<br />
border-collapse: collapse;<br />
bordercolor: #111111;<br />
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;<br />
font-size: 11px;<br />
}<br />
<br />
<br />
You might need td instead of table though.<!--content-->Thnx for the reply Giz.<br />
<br />
Got it sorted by calling a ext css in the head as u said but i used the following.<br />
<br />
<br />
TD {<br />
FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica<br />
}<br />
BODY {<br />
FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica<br />
}<br />
<br />
Thnx again Giz;)<!--content-->

Back