Text Box Properties In Forms

windows

Text boxes in a form seem to be either flat with a white background, or with a lowered bevel edge with a brown background. The one form can have a mixture of these, for no apparent reason.<br />
<br />
For example<br />
<br />
<form name="myForm2"><br />
First name: <input type="text" name="option"><br /><br />
Last name: <input type="text" name="option"><br /><br />
Address: <input type="text" name="option"><br /><br />
E-mail: <input type="text" name="option"><br /><br />
</form><br />
<br />
The address field is the only one with flat white. If I change "Address" to "Email" it changes to the lowered bevelled edge fields like the other.<br />
<br />
Can ayone explain why these field properties change?<br />
<br />
Hope you can help!<!--content-->there is no explanation. They are all the same. If you are seeing something different I have no idea why. Maybe other code you have on the same page with the form is causing some strange behavior, although I can't think what it might be. :confused:<!--content-->Originally posted by greg ambrose <br />
<br />
The address field is the only one with flat white. If I change "Address" to "Email" it changes to the lowered bevelled edge fields like the other.<br />
<br />
Can ayone explain why these field properties change?<br />
<br />
Hope you can help! <br />
Kevin is correct. besides changing the text on the page has nothing to do with the input boxes.<!--content-->The following is a mini-example of my original problem.<br />
In my browser (IE6 on Windows XP) the address field is the only one with a white background.<br />
<br />
Can anyone (a) tell me if they experiece the same, and<br />
(b) offer any suggestion as to why this is happening?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Greg<br />
<br />
<html<br />
<body><br />
<br />
</form><br />
<br />
</body><br />
</html><!--content-->the following? it is the same as above. we already told you the text has nothing to do with the input box.<br />
<br />
are you using any css? can you take a picture of it and show us what you see?<br />
<br />
this <br />
<br />
</form><br />
<br />
is no different than this<br />
<br />
<input type="text" name="option"><br /><br />
</form><!--content-->The source I included was all there is. I have attached the resulting screen in my browser.<br />
<br />
I hope you have some ideas.<!--content-->Originally posted by greg ambrose <br />
The source I included was all there is. I have attached the resulting screen in my browser.<br />
<br />
I hope you have some ideas. <br />
<br />
the code you posted above has an error in it, the HTML tag is missing the closing bracket but thats probably just a typo and it should not affect those input fields. I have no clue.<!--content-->from that image I see you might have a default css file being loaded. can you upload that file "test.html" here so I can look at the source as a whole. check in IE that you are not loading a css file of any kind.<br />
<br />
in IE6 got to tools->internet options and on the first tab (general) go to the bottom and find the button called "accessibility" then you should see towards the bottom a spot to load a user style sheet. make sure it is not checked.<br />
<br />
if it isn't then your IE is all messed up. Download <!--more--> mozilla and see if it does it on there. also try clearing all Temporary Internet Files for your temp folder in your /document & settings/username/local settings, also delete all your cookies.<!--content-->I've just tried all that except use a different browser, which I'm not in a position to do right now. Your suggestions didn't work, so I suppose it is something with my environment. I don't have access to other systems to investigate further.<br />
<br />
I've attached the html, but couldn't be simpler.<br />
<br />
Thanks for the time you have spent helping me. If I work out what's happening I'll post another reply her.<br />
<br />
Greg<!--content-->yeah it has to be. I don't even know where you are getting that yellow background. and the address line has the inset taken away for it also.<br />
<br />
yeah if you find out an answer I am all ears on this one. sorry we didn't fix it.<!--content-->Well I Download <!--more-->ed Mozilla and the problem dissappeared. I've still to try a few things with IE, but I won't get a chance for some time.<br />
<br />
Thanks alot for all your help,<br />
Greg<!--content-->I believe the google toolbar is the culprit. I was wondering the same thing. I came across the answer elsewhere and thought I would post it here for all of you. <br />
<br />
In the google toolbar options dialog, under the "More" tab, there is a checkbox that will let you automatically hilight fields that the toolbar can autofill for you.<br />
<br />
I scratched my head on this one for a while too!<!--content-->Dudehed,<br />
<br />
That's great, and explains it completely. Thanks for all<br />
your help. It is much appreciated/<br />
<br />
Greg<!--content-->

Back