Templates are not working for custom frontend modules

youniel

I have a module Namespace/Search, which was installed when I got here. I took <[namespace]_index_index> contents from it and have it here. This is from a currently working module.\[code\]<reference name="root"> <action method="setTemplate"><template>page/2columns-right.phtml</template></action> </reference> <reference name="content"> <block type="search/search" name="search" template="ifi_search/index.phtml" /></reference>\[/code\]I've used the above as a template for the helloworld module.\[code\]<reference name="root"> <action method="setTemplate"><template>page/2columns-right.phtml</template></action></reference><reference name="content"> <block type="helloworld/helloworld" name="helloworld" template="helloworld/helloworld.phtml" /></reference>\[/code\]With the second example I'm left with an entirely blank page, developer mode is turned on. To the extend of my knowledge on the topic I don't have any other information to present for debugging. If there's anything that would be useful if I added, please comment. I'm unsure if I can reproduce this problem at this point.

Back