TD size

Is there a maximum size you can have for a cell using the TD function.<br />
<br />
I have been building a basic page and have put tables inside a single cell, but I have come to a point where it will no longer stretch the white background to accommodate new text. Is this because there is a size limit to cells and I have come to that limit?<!--content-->Cells only have a limit on size if you give them a width, or if your <table> has a width. Maybe you could post some code, because I'm not sure if I totally understand what's happening...<!--content-->Ah... I tried to attach the coding as a file but I have just realised that the only files I can attach are Jpegs etc . I don't want to have to send you all the code otherwise it would clog up this forum and I don't think that it would make any sense if I just sent you a small amount of the code.<br />
<br />
The problem is not so much that the cell won't stretch horizontally but more that it won't stretch vertically. I haven't specified a height for the cell only a width. Yet it won't stretch anymore in the vertical direction.<!--content-->I worked it out. I just created another table, TR, TD within which to put more tables in and this seems to have done the trick. It seems as though there is a finite vertical limit to the size of a TD cell.<!--content-->

Back