targeting specific frame externally

windows

Have never used frames before but find myself programming an application which particularly suits them.<br />
<br />
Is it possible to target a particular frameset combination from an external site?<br />
<br />
ie <br />
<br />
- I have my frameset index.html, containing the following<br />
<br />
<FRAME SRC=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"top_frame.htm" name="top_frame" ><br />
<FRAME SRC=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"index1.html" name="bottom_frame"><br />
<br />
The top frame has a drop down box allowing users to navigate to index1.html, index2.html, index3.html etc etc<br />
<br />
My questions is, is it possible to provide a link in an external page which allows a link directly through to a page showing the "top_frame" up top and index3.html, for example, on the bottom?<br />
<br />
Because every time I try, all I get to see is index1.html on the bottom (Of course I can then navigate to index3.html... but I would like to allow users to bypass this)<br />
<br />
So, is it possible? And if so, what is the format I should use? ie what's the URL?<br />
<br />
Simon<!--content-->Like this?<br />
<br />
<!-- TOP FRAME --><br />
<script language="javascript"><br />
function dothis(){<br />
parent.bottom_frame.location = document.dropdwn.selects.value;<br />
}<br />
</script><br />
<form name="dropdwn"><br />
<select name="selects" onSelect="dothis()"><br />
<option value="index1.html">INDEX1<br />
<option value="index2.html">INDEX2<br />
<option value="index3.html">INDEX3<br />
</select><br />
</form><!--content-->Ah ha... I thought, belatedly, it had to include some Javascript! Thanks, appreciate it!<br />
<br />
Simon<!--content-->Was that code successful?<br />
I just managed to write it of the top of my head!<!--content-->Hi ya.... I saved it and haven't integrated it yet... (something else came up). Will implement this week and let you know. Thank you once again!<br />
<br />
Simon<!--content-->

Back