Target without frames

liunx

I recently changed my site from a framed site to an un-framed site. Now, when I open my site map, it opens in a new window, which is what I want it to do. But when I click on a link in the site map window, it either wants to open the link in the site map window, or in a 3rd window. I want it to open in the first window. :confused: <br />
<br />
For example: I go to the contact page of my web site. Then I click on site map, and it opens in a new, small window above Contact. Then in my Site Map window, I click on Rates, and I want it to open the Rates page where Contact was. Does this make sense?<br />
<br />
Any ideas, suggestions, comments? Do I have to use frames? I've tried using target="_parent" but it doesn't seem to work for me.<br />
<br />
Thanks :)<!--content-->to many windows. you will have to get vreateive with some javascript before you link back to the parent of which hopefully you opened this window from the parent. the window that you want to click on the link has be opened form the parent.<br />
<br />
does all the make sense?<!--content-->I load a window and another second window opens with the onLoad() function call. There is a link on the second window. When I click this link, the resulting URL comes on the first window, and the second window is closed.<br />
<br />
First window:<br />
<script><br />
function OpenBanner(str)<br />
{<br />
window1 = window.open(str,'popup1', 'scrollbars=yes,status=no,resizable=yes,width=400,height=200');<br />
}<br />
</script><br />
<br />
<body onLoad=OpenBanner("/secondwindow.html");><br />
</body><br />
<br />
Second window:<br />
<script><br />
function ShowPost()<br />
{<br />
void(self.opener.location='/firstwindow.html');<br />
window.close()<br />
}<br />
</script><br />
<br />
<body bgcolor="000000"><br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/JavaScript:ShowPost()><br />
click here for loading this URL on the first window<br />
</a><br />
</body><!--content-->

Back