tags?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
hi, seeming as I want my *whole* site in the same font, and size, is it possible, isntead of having loads of <font>...</font> tags to just put a <font>... under the beginning of <BODY>, and then </font> above </BODY>?<br />
<br />
Thanks if you can help.<!--content-->yes that should work...but not if you have tables...if you use tables in your design, only the "face" attribute will work both inside and outside the table...for the other settings like "color" and "size", youll have to set it inside the table as well...<!--content-->ok that's great thanks it''ll save a lot of space :)<br />
I'll just add tablets with their own font tag :) Thanks again.<!--content-->Why not discover the world of css?<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp">http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp</a><!-- m --><!--content-->A superior method would have been to set the font styles via CSS for example; <br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
<!--<br />
body {font-family : Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color : white; color : black; font-size : 16px;}<br />
--><br />
</style><br />
<br />
This machine is on a time lag...<!--content-->youd still have to set the font-size attribute separately for the table...i just tested it out - now both color and font-family work, but the size wont change inside the table...<br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"> <br />
<!-- <br />
body {font-family : Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color : white; color : black; font-size : 16px;} <br />
table {font-size : 16px;}<br />
--> <br />
</style><!--content--><style type="text/css"> <br />
<!-- <br />
body, table {font-family : Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color : white; color : black; font-size : 16px;} <br />
--> <br />
</style><br />
<br />
it's easier<!--content-->ok great, so if i have a .css file and a ref to it, i don't have to specify *any* <font>..</font> tags?<!--content-->yes. but the code above is designed to be inserted as it stands within the head section of your document.<br />
<br />
external css style sheets (what you are referring to) are ideal for multiple pages with the same styles.<!--content-->

Back