Tables vs. Invisible Frames...

Hello there! I'm pretty new at coding HTML, and new here.<br />
<br />
I'm working on a multiple page site. I was wondering if there are any disadvantages to using invisible frames? It would be a lot easier if I could code my navigation bar just once, and have everything display within a frame from there. That way any changes I make to the bar would update on all the pages. Is there a better or easier way to do this? Currently I'm using tables, but am getting tired of updating everything any time I make a change.<br />
<br />
Thanks for your help.<!--content-->You shouldn't be using either, you should be using CSS positioning to lay out your page. Tables are for data, not layout. If you want to store your code in one place to update it automatically, you can use PHP, SSI or another server-side language.<br />
<br />
Adam<!--content-->I use Dreamweaver most of the time. It has a template capability. If you created a template, then used that to create the rest of your pages, the job is easy. Change the navbar on the template and you're done!<!--content-->Even better, IMO, is what Adam suggested. PHP or SSI includes. That way, if you have a site with 50 pages, and need to update the navigation menu, you just update the included page, and only have to upload one file.<!--content-->

Back