Tables side by side.

liunx

Hi, can anyone tell me whether it's possible to have two tables side by side on an html page?<br />
<br />
I've tried but it always puts the second table underneath the first. I can't get them side by side.<br />
<br />
Cheers.<!--content-->I don't think you can. The only thing you can do is to create a third table with 1 row and 2 columns (border=0). Then you create one of your tables in the left cell and the other table in the right cell. That should do it, but nested tables can ge a bit fiddly if you're not careful.<!--content-->As Goldilocks siad nested tables can get messy so you just have to space things and make it clean.<br />
<br />
here is an example of a nested table:<br />
<br />
<table width="100%"><td width="50%"><br />
<table width="100%"><td> this table will be 50% of a 100% bigger table</td></table><br />
</td><br />
<td width="50%"><br />
<table width="100%"><td> this will also be 50% of a bigger 100% table so both of these tables will take up 100% of the screen</td></table><br />
</td><br />
</table><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
hope that helps a little<!--content-->err.....<br />
<br />
<table><tr><td>some stuff here</td></tr></table><br />
<table align=right><tr><td>some stuff here</td></tr><table><br />
<br />
or something along those lines, depends on what else is on the page, sometimes this will work better:<br />
<br />
<table align=left><tr><td>some stuff here</td></tr></table><br />
<table align=right><tr><td>some stuff here</td></tr><table><br />
<br />
or<br />
<br />
<table align=left><tr><td>some stuff here</td></tr></table><br />
<table><tr><td>some stuff here</td></tr><table><br />
<br />
<br />
the table alingment attributes are:<br />
<br />
left right top bottom<br />
<br />
but should be used carefully as the results can be funky depending on what else is on the page.<br />
<br />
Kevin<!--content-->

Back