Tables or formatting data

liunx

Hello, I want to display data in a web page in a table format. My first inclination was to use some type of tabbing feature in HTML, but I could not figure this out, so I instead am using a table. Question 1: Is there a tab tag in HTML ?<br />
<br />
Question 2: My current HTML table has a raised border. Can I specify no border around the table at all ? Is so, how do I do this?<br />
<br />
Question 3: In my table, the text in the heading comes out rather big and goofy looking. How do I control the font of the heading text. Here is my HTML code:<br />
<br />
<TABLE BORDER ALIGN=CENTER><br />
<TR><br />
<TH>Fruit</TH><br />
<TH>Vegetables</TH><br />
<TH>Grains</TH><br />
</TR><br />
<TR><br />
<TD>Apples</TD><br />
<TD>Spinach</TD><br />
<TD>Bread</TD><br />
</TR><br />
<TR><br />
<TD>Bananna</TD><br />
<TD>Tomatoe</TD><br />
<TD>crackers</TD><br />
</TR><br />
</TABLE><!--content-->1) <p style="text-indent: 25px;"> Indented text</p><br />
<br />
you could use margin-left instead to move the entire text block to the right.<br />
<br />
<br />
2) <TABLE BORDER="0" ALIGN="CENTER"><br />
<br />
<br />
3) In your head section:<br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"><!--<br />
th {<br />
font-size: 100%;<br />
}<br />
--> </style><!--content-->alternativly for q3 you could add font tags <font> say <font size="10" face="Arial" etc>Bananas</font><!--content-->The FONT element was depricated back in 1997 and with good reason. Use style sheets instead. They are much more powerful and easier and give you a better web page in the end.<!--content-->true but from the looks of it its a simple site and instead a whole style sheet, easier to use font tag<!--content-->In what way is <br />
<br />
<th><font size="10" face="Arial" etc>Bananas</font></th><br />
<br />
easier than<br />
<br />
<th style="font-size:100%; font-family:Arial, sans-serif">Bananas</th><br />
<br />
or <br />
<br />
<th><font size="10" face="Arial" etc>Bananas</font></th><br />
<th><font size="10" face="Arial" etc>Tomatoe</font></th><br />
<th><font size="10" face="Arial" etc>crackers</font></th><br />
<br />
easier than<br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
<!--<br />
th {font-size: 100%}<br />
--><br />
</style><br />
<br />
<th>Bananas</th><br />
<th>Tomatoes</th><br />
<th>crackers</th>?<!--content-->its not easier than one of the ones you used cos u used the same one, i mean its easier than creating a style sheet, if its only a small page or site<!--content-->Even if it were easier (which it is not), that is no excuse to use invalid markup. When a tag is depreciated, that means that browsers no longer need to support it. Not sure about you, but I like the though of my site being forward compatable.<!--content-->ok then..<!--content-->

Back