Tables and Graphics

liunx

I just reciently dove into less than simple HTML and I have a few questions I'm hoping are realy simple.<br />
<br />
The site I'm designing is based heavily on tables and frames. My first problem is that the tables I'm using to align graphics aren't doing it right! After a <tr>, theres about a three pixel wide space that shouldn't be there. I have all the hights and widths set, and all the border and spacing is at zero, but that space just won't close! <br />
<br />
In between <TD>s, the graphic lines up fine, it seems to just be the row that is the problem.<br />
<br />
<br />
---<br />
Also, right now the only images I'm using are in .BMP format. I know that when I put my site up, that format is going to have to change, but whenever I turn them into .JPGs, I get this godawful distortion that basicly ruins the picture. Is there anything I can do about this that doesn't involve going out and buying a one hundred dollar image program?<br />
<br />
---<br />
Lastly, how do you create a hypertext that activates more than one link. I need to change more than one frame at the same time and I'm not sure how to do it, or if it's possible.<br />
<br />
Thanks for your time.<!--content-->1. a link to your site would be nice<br />
<br />
2. what image editing program are you using? you can change the compression settings of the jpeg so that it's not too lossy. If it's still too lossy you can save your image as a lossless PNG<br />
<br />
3. you'll need to use the javascript onclick command<!--content-->I once had that same problem with my graphics. What i did was used Jasc Animation shop and pasted my graphics into there and saved them as .gif with the highest quality and now they all look good.<!--content-->

Back