table

liunx

Hi <br />
<br />
Everytime i open one of my web pages the table has moved. It seems to travel up the page whereas everything else stays put.When this happens i then move it down but in normal view it is getting lower and lower but in preview it stays the same. How can i keep it in one place...its stressing me out.<br />
<br />
Cheers<!--content-->ummm last time I check the table can't move by itself. what is the code you are using?<!--content-->yeah, i've GOT to see this! not that i don't believe you, because i've had that happen to me once, although i forgot what caused it, and what the heck i was doing to it. probably some funky relative DIV positioning, or kooky javascripting or something. i dunno. but please post the URL at once!<!--content--><table align="center" height="327" width="584" ><br />
<tr><td width="59" colspan="2" height="1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"></td></tr><br />
<tr><td height="323" width="59" align="center" valign="top" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#993366" >&nbsp;<td height="323" width="511" align="center" valign="top" bgcolor="#993366" bordercolor="#993366" background="background.jpg"><b><br />
<p><br><p> <br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
<br />
When i open the file after saving it in the right placeit moves back up again. I have 2 tables above this one, one aligned to the right and one centred, could this be the problem?<!--content-->Originally posted by mwood1 <br />
I have 2 tables above this one, one aligned to the right and one centred, could this be the problem? <br />
<br />
Yes<br />
Create a new table<br />
<table><br />
<tr><br />
<td><br />
table 1<br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td><br />
table 2<br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td><br />
table 3<br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><!--content-->You need to make a few changes to your tables. The problems occur when you do not close your tags and not have the same amount of <td> elements in each row within a table. <br />
<br />
You are missing </td></tr> tags and the first row has only one <td> element whereas the 2nd row has 2 <td> tags.<br />
<br />
When you have nested tables, any tags which are not closed will not be closed untill you get to the next table and that is what is creating the disturbance.<br />
<br />
e.g. your code (simplified)<br />
<br />
<table> <br />
<tr><td></td></tr><br />
<tr><td> <td> <br />
</tr><br />
</table> <br />
<br />
<br />
SHould be:<br />
<br />
<table><br />
<tr><td></td></tr><br />
<tr><td></td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
<br />
If you have tables with more rows make sure you have the same number of <td> elements in each row, or use colspan:<br />
<br />
<table><br />
<tr><br />
<td></td><td></td><td></td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td colspan=3></td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td></td><td colspan=2></td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td colspan=2"></td><td></td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><!--content-->I have closed all my tags but its still moving. I dont want all the tables in one as they all have different layouts.<br />
Any other suggestions?<br />
<br />
Cheers<!--content-->A solution to this could be arrived at so much more quickly if you gave us either a URL where could see the page with magic moving tables :) or at least the code for the whole of the page. <br />
<br />
However, I venture to suggest that you will need to nest the tables in one large container of some kind (probably a table). It doesn't matter that each of them have a different layout, they'll still retain that, but at least then their positioning will be under control.<br />
<br />
Neil<!--content-->Please upload the page somewhere and provide the URL here, so that we can look at the code, and then see whattf is going on.<!--content-->Originally posted by giz <br />
Please upload the page somewhere and provide the URL here, so that we can look at the code, and then see whattf is going on. Funny, I could have sworn I already said that. :rolleyes: <br />
<br />
Neil<!--content-->>> Funny, I could have sworn I already said that. <<<br />
<br />
You did, but there didn't seem to be much response.<!--content-->That could be because he/she is in another part of the world and is asleep at the moment. Just a guess of course, judging from the time they last posted.<br />
<br />
Neil<!--content-->

Back